GOFF News Menu
|Tournament Sign Up Policies|
|Welcome New Members|
|Member Credit Accounts (updated 10/11/17)|
|GOFF Challenge Scorecards (updated 10/11/17)|
As the GOFF Club membership swells, we've run into a new logistical problem. In the past, we've never had to deal with the problem of exceeding our tournament limit for players. We request 24 spaces per tournament which we have to book one year in advance. The Poppy Hills tournament sold out almost two months in advance and we are already receiving sign ups for tournaments 3 months away. The writing on the wall is clear! If you think you can wait until the last minute to sign up for tournaments, there is now a real risk that you won't get in. We need to remind everyone of the policies we will follow in determining who gets to play and who has to go on the "waiting list":
We have 24 spaces for each of our tournaments. Secure your spot as early as you'd like for any tournament! With the number of members we now have, we expect every tournament to fill up well before the entry deadline.
- Money talks. You're not officially in the tournament until we receive your check.
- Sooner is better than later. If a tournament sells out, entries are prioritized in the order checks are received to fill the alloted spaces.
- GOFF Club members have priority over guests. If you get your check to Renato by the "Green Fees Due Date", you will be entered into the tournament ahead of any guests that have signed up. Once the Due Date has passed, paid guests will be entered into the tournament even before unpaid members subject to space available per above.
- If we exceed the number of spaces we have available, you will be entered on a waiting list following the same priorities above.
- If spots open up, players will be selected from the waiting list with members receiving priority over guests and with the "checks in hand rule" always prevailing.
New Members for 2015
Please welcome Matt Pekarak to the club.
Matt is a friend of Jeff Peralta.
Players will complete a scorecard of 18 holes comprised of seven selected holes per tournament throughout the 2013 GOFF Club Season (ending at the Club Championship).
- Two highest handicap par 3s
- Three highest handicap par 4s
- Two highest handicap par 5s
You will need to play in at least 3 tournaments for a completed scorecard.
The score you post is your net score based on your handicap for that specific tournament. No more than one pop will be allowed on par three holes however.
Once you have completed your scorecard, if in a future tournament you shoot a lower net score for an equivalent hole, you replace the older score with the newer improved score. Therefore, the more tournaments you play in, the more chances you have to improve your scorecard.
$50 is due BEFORE you tee-off in the first tournament you plan to submit scores for. Pay with PayPal
Pay out (depending on number of participants, pay out may change and pay 5 places or we may create two flights if there are a lot of players)
- 1st place - 50%
- 2nd place - 30%
- 3rd place - 20%
Tie-breaker: A tie-breaker has not been determined yet. We may just have the two winner split the combined 1st and 2nd place payouts.